Expense Tracker: How to View, Share or Edit Your Report
With Custody X Change, you can quickly print a report of your child-related expenses. It might serve as a log for your personal records, as evidence in court, or as an invoice to show the other parent how much they owe you.
Find details on how to view, share and edit your report below.
If you're looking to share expense information instantly — with either the other parent or a law professional — consider linking Custody X Change accounts.
View your expense report
Use the menu at the top left of your expenses home page to narrow what expenses you see.
- All data: All expenses either parent has entered
- Unpaid: Expenses one parent still owes the other for
- This month: Expenses either parent incurred this calendar month
- Last month: Expenses either parent incurred last calendar month
- Other dates: Expenses either parent incurred during a date range you'll enter
You can filter by category to narrow your search further.
In the top right corner of the page, click the printer icon.
You'll be taken to a view of your expense report.
Share your expense report
From the report preview you navigated to in the steps above, you can print your report or save it for use beyond the Custody X Change app.
To save as a Word document, click the "save as Word document" button. A download will begin. You can open the downloaded file with a text editing program.
To save as a PDF, click the "save as PDF" button. A download will begin. A PDF file has the same visual format on any screen, making this a great file type to share by email.
To print, click the "print" button and select the appropriate settings for your printer.
Edit your expense report
If you see things you'd like to change in your report preview, hit "back" to return to the main page of your expense tracker. From there, you can:
- Add, edit or delete an expense.
- Say that a repayment was made and whether the other parent received it.
- Indicate that one parent refuses to repay the other.
- Choose a different date range to include in the report.
- Save the report as a Word document (mentioned above) and edit it in Word or another text editing program.