Messaging in Custody X Change: Overview
Messaging your co-parent in Custody X Change keeps all your parenting communication in one place and encourages civility.
More messages help articles
Who can see your messages
Your co-parent is the only person you can message in Custody X Change. This is why you don't need to choose a recipient when you send a message.
However, if you link accounts with your lawyer, your lawyer can view and print your conversations with your co-parent.
While your co-parent cannot see how you label messages, your lawyer can see and edit your labels. This helps them prepare for court.
Why message with Custody X Change
- Keep all your parenting conversations in one organized place
- Print and export messages easily
- See read receipts
- Communicate civilly thanks to warnings when you type hostile language
- Keep each thread to one topic: If you need to change topics, start a new thread. This keeps conversations focused.
- Avoid hostile language: If the app turns something you're typing red, find more cooperative wording.
- Allow push and email notifications: Adjust your notifications settings so you're alerted about messages on your device and/or by email.
- Use private labels to stay organized: Labeling threads makes it easy to print or export all the messages about one topic.