Tracking Expenses: Overview
The Custody X Change expense tracker helps you keep tabs on your child-related spending and get reimbursed for costs shared with the other parent.
More expenses help articles
- How to add, edit or delete an expense
- How to record repayment details
- How to record when a parent refuses to pay
- How to view, share or edit your expense report
Who can see your expenses
If you link accounts with your co-parent, you'll each get notified when the other makes a change in the expense tracker.
If you link accounts with your lawyer, they can create and print expense reports for you.
Anyone else you link with, like your child, will not see your expenses.
- Focus on the expenses you split. Most parents only enter expenses their parenting plan has them split. You could also enter routine costs like clothing, but these are generally addressed by child support.
- Include details so there are no questions. You can give a description, enter a reference number, upload an image, and more.
- Use categories to stay organized. Categories help you print focused reports. Items with the same percentage split (e.g., 50/50) may belong in a category together, but items with different splits probably don't.
- Change your currency if necessary. To do this, update your location in your account settings.