SupporTax & Custody X Change: More Accurate Calculations
Get the most accurate child support amounts when you combine Custody X Change with SupporTax.
When SupporTax asks you for total parenting time, don't rely on guesswork or estimates.
Instead, use Custody X Change to calculate total parenting time numbers from any custody schedule.
Enter those numbers into the appropriate field in the SupporTax program for an accurate and fair child support amount based on California's guidelines.
Custody X Change calculates parenting time percentages. Use it together with SupporTax to have more accurate child support calculations.
SupporTax is a computerized support calculation program that helps you figure some of the more complex financial aspects of a divorce, especially child support and spousal support. The software was developed by leading family law experts for California family law professionals.
California state laws require the courts to comply with uniform guidelines for child support amounts. SupporTax applies this statewide uniform guideline calculation to any income information you enter into blank fields.
The program then calculates child support, plus other important financial results. The software can also create worksheets and legal forms that are ready for court.
SupporTax quickly organizes all the data for the case, and presents multiple scenarios so you can evaluate the best course of action with your clients. The program's reports help you communicate better with your clients, because they help the client understand the date and the results.
Many family law professionals claim they increase efficiency and accuracy by using SupporTax for calculations.
SupporTax features seven tools in one software suite. Each tool is designed to streamline and organize the complicated calculations that are necessary in family law cases.
The seven tools available in the SupporTax suite include:
- Summary Screen: Allows users to compare different scenarios for income, support and visitation. You can even change figures and save different versions to evaluate scenarios side by side.
- Custody Worksheet Calendar: Calculates custody timeshare percentages for each parent.
- Custody Function: Figures support in more complex joint custody cases.
- Equitable Divider: Assists in dividing property fairly.
- Hourly Income Calculator: Annual income estimator for each person.
- Child Support Reports: Compiles child support information for court.
- Judicial Court Forms: Authoritative report format.
SupporTax is also compliant with California Statewide Uniform Child Support Guidelines and it is certified by the Judicial Council for use in California courts.
Other features of SupporTax include:
- Support Scenario Function: Presents several support plans in chart form.
- Tax Screen: Calculates new child credits.
- Bonus Calculator: Re-calculates for increased income
- Recapture Calculator: Figures whether spousal support orders result in federal income tax recapture.
- Arrearage Calculator: Looks at back child support or spousal support, plus interest. Allows you determine support arrearage after deducting payments.
- Amortization Calculator: Determines monthly payments and principle balances owed by compiling amortization tables.
- Present Value Calculator: Lets you figure the present value of tax deductible payment streams or non-tax deductible payment streams.
The customer support for SupporTax includes free updates for one year after the annual payment, email notification of software updates and a quarterly newsletter.
SupporTax software requires a timeshare percentage for the non-custodial parent in order to figure out child support, based on the guidelines set by the state of California.
Parenting time is the total time each parent spends with their children outside of school or day care. To figure out a correct timeshare percentage for California, you must calculate the amount of time the non-residential parent spends with the children.
This information is combined with data concerning each parent's income and the parenting time credit applies to both sole and shared physical custody cases.
SupporTax lets you enter a percentage in order to calculate child support. The California guidelines allow for a variety of schedules with many different time factors. When clients choose a detailed visitation schedule, it becomes very difficult to calculate a precise timeshare percentage.
Custody X Change software includes a parenting time calculator that shows exactly how much time each parent has with the children.
When you set up a parenting time schedule, the software automatically counts up all the hours for the non-residential parent. This accurate parenting time total gives you the precise data you need.
Use Custody X Change to get accurate parenting time totals, because:
- Parenting time totals are difficult to figure out by hand, because attorneys must add all the quarter, half and full days within a year for the non-residential parent.
- Figuring parenting time totals adjust every time an attorney changes the schedule
- Calculating and re-calculating any change to the schedule is so complex, some attorneys are forced to estimate or guess.
- Entering parenting time totals calculated from a guess or estimate into the California child support formula means that child support amounts will likely be wrong.