Every Extended Weekend Schedule — School Removed

The every extended weekend schedule is a residential schedule where the child spends weekdays with one parent and weekends with the other.

Normally, it gives one parent about 60% of the time with the child and the other parent about 40%. But removing the time the child spends in school or at day care creates a schedule with near equal parenting time (50/50).

Here is the every extended weekend schedule with school time removed in the calendar.

Custody X Change is software that creates custody schedules and professional parenting plan documents.

Make My Extended Weekend Schedule Now

How removing school time affects the schedule

To get the every extended weekend schedule closer to 50/50 time, you'll need to add 3rd party time that reflects the child's time at school or at day care.

First, you'll create your every extended weekend schedule. In this case, the weekend parent has the child from 4 p.m. on Friday to 8 a.m. on Monday. (You can adjust the exchange times to modify each parent's percentage of time with the child.)

Then you'll need to add 3rd party time into the schedule. Usually, these are periods when the child is in school or day care, but you can also use 3rd party time to represent the child's visits with relatives or even their sleeping hours.

Using a parenting timeshare calculator while you make your schedule allows you to see the exact amount of time each parent has with the child. This can help you change a schedule so both parents are happy with the parenting time. You can also adjust the time split using summer break and holiday schedules.

Pros and cons of this schedule

Pros:

  • Parents spend a similar amount of time with the child.
  • The schedule is very consistent and easy to implement.
  • Children who struggle with change and require consistency do well on this schedule.
  • There are only two exchanges and they can be planned around school or child care.
  • Both parents have time with the child every week.
  • The child doesn't go for very long without seeing either parent.
  • The schedule can work well with different types of work schedules.
  • Parents don't need to live close by each other.
  • It doesn't require extensive coordination or communication about school and homework, so it can work well for high-conflict situations.

Cons:

  • One parent has the child every weekend.
  • One parent may not know what is going on with the child in school.
  • The schedule may be difficult for some work schedules.

The easiest way to make an every extended weekend schedule

There's a lot to think about when you build a parenting time schedule. You'll want it to address holidays and school breaks, give the right amount of time to each parent, and work for years to come.

The Custody X Change app makes it easy. Just follow the steps to make a common custody schedule.

On Step 2, select the "every weekend" button.

Then, on Step 3, define when the weekend visit starts and ends. Next, click "add or extend a visit." Choose "3rd party" from the dropdown menu, and enter the details of your child's 3rd party time. Then click "save."

To make a custody schedule quickly and affordably, turn to Custody X Change. You'll get a written schedule and a visual calendar that meet your family's needs, as well as court standards.

Custody X Change is software that creates custody schedules and professional parenting plan documents.

Make My Extended Weekend Schedule Now

Custody X Change is software that creates custody schedules and professional parenting plan documents.

Make My Schedule
x

Custody X Change is software that creates custody schedules and professional parenting plan documents.

Make My Extended Weekend Schedule Now

No thanks, I don't need a parenting plan