Custody Schedule: Daytime Visits Only

The daytime visits only schedule is a residential schedule where the child spends time with the noncustodial parent during the day. The custodial parent has the remaining time, including all overnights.

For example, the child might spend weekdays from 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. with the noncustodial parent.

This is typically a 90/10 schedule, meaning one parent has 90 percent of the time with the child, with the other parent getting 10 percent. You can make the time split closer to 80/20 by giving the child more frequent or longer visits with the noncustodial parent.

This arrangement may work well as a baby custody schedule. It can also work well when one parent works nights or when a parent has been ordered by the court to have supervised visitation.

Custody X Change is software that creates custody schedules and parenting plans.

Make My Daytime Visits Schedule Now

Customizing the daytime visits only schedule

You can modify this schedule so it works better for you. Here are some examples.

Include weekend time

Extend the daytime hours

This works especially well if the noncustodial parent watches the child while the other parent works.

Include only certain days

Adjust if the noncustodial parent only sees the child during select days.

Alternate weeks

Or make changes if the noncustodial parent doesn't see the child every week.

Use 3rd-party time

If your child goes to day care or school, mark that as third-party time. This generally increases the noncustodial parent's percentage of time with the child slightly, just by counting differently.

Calculate your time

As you make your schedule, a visitation timeshare calculator can show you the exact amount of time each parent has with the child. This helps you as you customize your schedule so you each parent gets precisely the amount of time intended for them.

Pros and cons of the daytime visits schedule

Pros:

  • The child doesn't have to adjust to living in two different homes.
  • Parents have great flexibility to adjust the schedule's times and days together.
  • A parent who can't have the child overnight still gets quality time.
  • The noncustodial parent doesn't go extended time without seeing the child.
  • It works well for babies, who need the stability of a primary home (especially if they're breast feeding).

Cons:

  • The noncustodial parent doesn't get overnights with the child.
  • It may require parents to arrange more exchanges than other schedules.

The easiest way to make a daytime visits schedule

There's a lot to think about when you build a parenting time schedule. You'll want it to address holidays and school breaks, give the right amount of time to each parent and work for years to come.

The Custody X Change app makes it easy. Just follow the steps to make a common custody schedule.

On Step 2, make sure to select the "long distance, all to one parent" button.

On Step 3, select the custodial parent.

Then, you can add daytime visits for the noncustodial parent by clicking in the calendar.

To make a custody schedule quickly and affordably, turn to Custody X Change. You'll get a written schedule and a visual calendar that meet your family's needs, as well as court standards.

Custody X Change is software that creates custody schedules and parenting plans.

Make My Daytime Visits Schedule Now

Custody X Change is software that creates custody schedules and parenting plans.

Make My Schedule
x

Custody X Change is software that creates custody schedules and parenting plans.

Make My Daytime Visits Schedule Now

No thanks, I don't need a parenting plan