SUPPORT & Custody X Change: More Accurate Calculations
Get the most accurate child support amounts when you combine Custody X Change with Beta Software's SUPPORT.
When SUPPORT asks you for timeshare percentages, don't rely on guesswork or estimates. Instead, use Custody X Change to calculate total parenting time numbers from any custody schedule.
Enter those numbers into the appropriate field in the SUPPORT program for an accurate and fair child support amount based on Idaho's guidelines.
Custody X Change calculates parenting time percentages. Use it together with SUPPORT to have more accurate child support calculations.
SUPPORT software helps Idaho family law professionals with calculating complex formulas. The goal is to reduce the time it takes for you to extract accurate numbers from the raw data of each of your cases.
The Idaho Child Support Guidelines are set up by the state to ensure that adequate support amounts are calculated for children. SUPPORT uses the most current formulas for all kinds of family law calculations, including for shared and split custody, as well as the child tax credit age limitation.
Some of the features of SUPPORT include:
- Improved stability
- Minimized demand on computers
- Reduced sharing errors
- Network capabilities
- Support report to identify potential errors and changes
- Re-designed reports
- Customized report options
Updates are released periodically, whenever the Idaho child support guidelines are changed or improvements to the program are made. An annual update takes place so your current version of the software updates to the latest information and improvements of the past year.
SUPPORT is available in a full version for a single computer or a network version. You can get a free 30-day trial of the software to ensure it will meet your needs.
SUPPORT provide an easy-to-use software program that gives you accurate child support calculations for all kinds of family law cases, whether simple or complicated. It can also prepare professional reports for printing based on the data you enter for each case.
SUPPORT includes the following reports:
- Child support order: Calculates how much child support will be paid and by which parent.
- Family information sheet: Lists the key components of the case, such as the names and incomes of the parents, all the children's names and birthdays, and type of custody for each.
- Affidavit verifying income: Displays all aspects of each parent's income, deductions and other financial obligations as well as deductions and potential income.
- Standard child custody worksheet: Helps figure out child support amounts for the non-custodial parent based on a sole custody scenario.
- Shared/split child custody worksheet: Helps figure out child support amounts for the non-custodial parent based on a joint custody or split custody.
- Calculations sheet: Lists how SUPPORT generates numbers.
- Tax benefit sheet: Stipulates which parent is responsible for things like health insurance and which parent receives the tax benefit.
- Child support order summary form: Documentation that is submitted to the court to request child support payments.
Once you enter the information from each case into the appropriate fields, SUPPORT organizes it, calculates it and puts it into printable reports.
SUPPORT requires parenting time percentages for parents in order to figure out child support, based on the guidelines set by the state of Idaho.
Parenting time is the total overnight time each parent spends with their children. To figure out a correct overnight totals for Idaho, you must calculate the amount of time the non-residential parent spends with the children. When clients set up a visitation schedule, it becomes very difficult to calculate a precise parenting time percentage.
This information is combined with data concerning each parent's income and the parenting time credit applies to only joint physical custody cases. Sole custody cases do not qualify for any kind of child support credit based on overnights. SUPPORT lets you enter a percentage in order to calculate child support.
Custody X Change software includes a parenting time calculator that shows exactly how much time each parent has with the children. It can provide this data as total number of hours, days or as a percentage of time annually.
When users set up a parenting time schedule, the software automatically counts up all the overnights for each parent and converts it to a percentage. This accurate percentage really helps you use SUPPORT software.
Use Custody X Change to get accurate parenting time percentages, because:
- Overnight totals are difficult to figure out by hand, because attorneys must add all the time up within a year for the non-residential parent.
- Figuring overnight totals adjust every time an attorney changes the schedule.
- Calculating and re-calculating any change to the schedule is so complex, some attorneys are forced to estimate or guess.
- Entering parenting time percentages calculated from a guess or estimate into the Idaho child support formula means that child support amounts will likely be wrong.
Figuring out child support amounts requires exact numbers, from each parent's income to the amount of credits allowed. One of the most important numbers is the parenting time percentage, or how long each parent is scheduled to be with the children. Correct numbers mean the child support amount is fair and accurate, and Custody X Change delivers accurate totals every time.