Every Extended Weekend - Visitation Schedule Examples

The every extended weekend schedule

The every extended weekend residential schedule has your child spend weekdays with one parent a long weekend with the other parent.


Here's how the every extended weekend schedule looks in the calendar.


The extended weekend schedule gives one parent 60% of the time with the child and the other parent 40%. This schedule is a variation of the 4-3 schedule.

Custody X Change is software that creates parenting time schedules and professional parenting plan documents.

Make Your Every Extended Weekend Schedule Now

Customizing the every extended weekend schedule

You should make your every weekend schedule so it works for your family. Here are some ways to customize the schedule.


You can change the exchange times for the extended weekend. Here is a schedule where the exchange times are 5:00 pm on Friday and 12:00 pm on Monday.


You can modify the days of the extended weekend. Here the weekend starts on Saturday morning and goes through Tuesday morning.


You can add a midweek visit to the schedule. Here the weekend starts later on Friday and the time is made up with a midweek evening visit on Wednesday.


You can add an overnight visit to the schedule. Here the weekend starts later on Saturday morning and there is an overnight visit on Tuesday.


You can include 3rd party time to your schedule to show when your child isn't with either parent. This changes the schedule so both parents have closer to 50% of the time with the child.


Using a parenting timeshare calculator while you make your schedule allows you to see the exact amount of time each parent has with the child. This can help you change a schedule so both parents are happy with the parenting time.

Pros and Cons of an every extended weekend schedule

Pros:

  • The schedule is very consistent and easy to implement.
  • Children who struggle with change and require consistency do well on this schedule.
  • There are only two exchanges and they can be planned around school or childcare.
  • Both parents have time with the child every week.
  • The child doesn't go for very long without seeing either parent.
  • Both parents have substantial time with the child so there may be less fighting over the schedule.
  • The schedule can work quite well with different types of work schedules.
  • Parents don't need to live close by each other.
  • This schedule doesn't require extensive coordination or communication about school and homework so it may work better for higher conflict situations.

Cons:

  • One parent has the child every weekend.
  • The structured schedule may be difficult for some situations or work schedules.

Custody X Change is software that creates parenting time schedules and professional parenting plan documents.

Make Your Schedule

Custody X Change is software that creates parenting time schedules and professional parenting plan documents.

Make Your Every Extended Weekend Schedule Now