60/40 Schedules


Every extended weekend schedule
This schedule has your child spend weekdays with one parent and a long weekend with the other parent.

4-3 schedule
This schedule has your child spend 4 days with one parent and 3 days with the other parent.

4-3 custody schedule example
Find out more about a common 60/40 schedule, the 4-3.

The Ackerman parenting schedule
The Ackerman schedule is a joint custody schedule developed by parenting experts. See schedules for the school year and summer to determine if this arrangement suits your family.

Schedules compared:

8/6 child custody schedules and visitation options
An 8/6 custody schedule gives one parent eight days and the other six in a two-week rotation.

9/5 child custody schedules and visitation options
A 9/5 custody schedule gives one parent nine days and the other five in a two-week rotation.

60/40 custody & visitation schedules: 3 examples
Here are some common residential schedules in which one parent has the child for 60% of the time and the other parent has the child for 40%.

60/40 custody schedules: Extended weekends & 4-3
Learn more about these schedules which have your child spend 60% of their time with one parent and 40% of their time with the other parent.

Explore examples of common schedules

Explore common schedules

Join the 60,000+ other parents who have used our co-parenting tools

Organize your evidence

Track your expenses, journal what happens, and record actual time. Print organized, professional documents.

Co-parent civilly

Our parent-to-parent messaging system, which detects hostile language, lets you collaborate without the drama.

Get an accurate child support order

Child support is based on parenting time or overnights in most jurisdictions. Calculate time instead of estimating.

Succeed by negotiating

Explore options together with visual calendars and detailed parenting plans. Present alternatives and reach agreement.

Never forget an exchange or activity

Get push notifications and email reminders, sync with other calendar apps and share with the other parent.

Save up to $50,000 by avoiding court

Write your parenting agreement without lawyers. Our templates walk you through each step.

Make My Plan



Long distance schedules

Third party schedules


Summer break

Parenting provisions


How to make a schedule

Factors to consider

Parenting plans:

Making a parenting plan

Changing your plan

Interstate, long distance

Temporary plans

Guides by location:

Parenting plans

Scheduling guidelines

Child support calculators

Age guidelines:

Birth to 18 months

18 months to 3 years

3 to 5 years

5 to 13 years

13 to 18 years


Joint physical custody

Sole physical custody

Joint legal custody

Sole legal custody

Product features:

Software overview

Printable calendars

Parenting plan templates

Journal what happens

Expense sharing

Parenting time tracking

Calculate time & overnights

Ways to use:

Succeed by negotiating

Prepare for mediation

Get ready for court