Every Weekend - Visitation Schedule Examples

In the every weekend residential schedule your child spends weekdays with one parent and the weekend with the other parent.


This is the every weekend schedule in the calendar.


The every weekend schedule gives one parent about 70% of the time with the child and the other parent about 30%. This schedule is a variation of the 5-2 schedule.

Custody X Change is software that creates custody and visitation schedules and professional parenting plan documents.

Make Your Every Weekend Schedule Now

Examples of every weekend schedules

You can customize your schedule to create the best one for your child. Here are some examples of how to customize the every weekend schedule.


You can change the times of the exchanges. This schedule shows the exchange time as 12:00 pm on Friday and Sunday.


You can move the days of the weekend time. This schedule shows the weekend time from 9:00 am on Saturday to 9:00 am on Monday.


You can add a midweek visit on an evening. This schedule shows the weekend going from 3:00 pm on Friday to 3:00 pm on Sunday with a 4 hour visit on Tuesday.


You can add an overnight visit during the week. This schedule has the weekend start later on Saturday and go through Sunday afternoon. To make up the time, there is an overnight visit on Tuesday night.


You can schedule in 3rd party time when the child isn't with either parent. Showing 3rd party time may change the timeshare percentage of the parents.


A visitation timeshare calculator shows you the amount of time each parent has the child in your schedule. This can be useful to know as you look at different variations of schedules.

Pros and Cons of every weekend schedules

Pros:

  • Provides a consistent schedule that is easy to implement.
  • Children who need structure and routine do well with this schedule.
  • Parents don't need to live close by each other.
  • Children get to spend time with both parents during the week.
  • There aren't long periods when the child goes without seeing a parent.
  • Both parents can be involved in caring for the child.
  • Can work well for higher conflict situations because there is less need for communication.
  • There are limited exchanges and these can be planned around school or other activities.
  • Can work well for various employment schedules.

Cons:

  • One parent has the child every weekend.
  • One parent has the child for less time and this can cause fighting about the schedule.
  • One parent may not know what is going on with the child in school.
  • The parent who has the child on the weekend doesn't get to participate in the weekday routine with the child.

Custody X Change is software that creates custody and visitation schedules and professional parenting plan documents.

Make Your Schedule

Custody X Change is software that creates custody and visitation schedules and professional parenting plan documents.

Make Your Every Weekend Schedule Now