Travel & Moving Provision Examples for a Parenting Plan
You can pick and choose from these travel and moving provisions to include in your parenting plan.
These example provisions are flexible. You can include parts of them or alter the wording to fit your situation. You can also write additional provisions for your plan.
Check your location's custody guidelines to find out if your plan must include certain provisions about travel and moving. Your plan can have extra provisions along with the required ones.
You'll find many more provisions in the Custody X Change parenting plan template.
Visualize your schedule. Get a written parenting plan. Calculate your parenting time.
Permitted travel destinations
- Parent A must have written permission from the other parent to take the child outside of: (location goes here)
- Parent B must have written permission from the other parent to take the child outside of: (location goes here)
Where the child can move
- Without the written consent of the other parent, neither parent will move the child's residence outside of: (location goes here)
- Without the written consent of the other parent or permanent change of station orders from the military, the custodial parent will not move the child's primary residence outside of: (location goes here)
- The custodial parent can move the child's primary residence without geographic restriction.
Conditions for a move
- Before a custodial parent may change the child's residence, they must notify the other parent of the new address to the extent known.
- If a move from a residence by one of the parents will make the parenting time schedule unreasonable or adverse to the child's best interests, the parents must negotiate an agreement before the move can occur.
The easiest way to make a parenting plan
Creating a parenting plan on your own can feel overwhelming. You have to address all possible situations while using airtight legal language.
Use technology to take the guesswork out of the equation. The Custody X Change app walks you through each step of creating a plan.
For provisions about travel and moving, you'll work mostly in the app's "out-of-area travel" and "moving" categories. They include the provisions you see above, plus many others.
The result will be a professional document that demonstrates your competence as a parent and secures your child's future.
The easiest and most reliable way to make a parenting plan is with Custody X Change.