2nd, 4th & 5th Weekends - Visitation Schedule Examples
This schedule has your child live with one parent and visit the other parent on the 2nd, 4th and 5th weekends of the month.
In months with only four weekends, the child spends just the 2nd and 4th weekends with the parent he or she doesn't normally live with.
In this schedule, one parent has about 80% of the time with the child and the other parent has about 20%.
Custody X Change is software that creates custody and visitation schedules and professional parenting plan documents.
You can make changes to the 2nd, 4th and 5th weekends schedule so it fits your situation better. Here are some sample schedules that show changes you can make.
You can change the times for the weekend visit. Here the weekend visit starts at 12:00 pm on Friday and goes to 8:00 am on Monday.
You can change the days of the weekend visit. Here the weekend goes from Saturday afternoon to Tuesday morning.
You can add midweek visits. Here there is a midweek visit every week on Wednesday afternoon.
You can add overnight visits. Here the mom has an overnight visit on Wednesday during weeks where she doesn't get weekend parenting time.
You can show 3rd party time in your schedule, when your child isn't with either parent. Here the schedule shows when the child is in school. Including 3rd party time in your schedule may affect the parenting time percentages.
You can use a visitation timeshare calculator as you explore options for your schedule. The calculator will show you the amount of time each parent has with the child for a particular schedule. This can help you modify the 2nd, 4th and 5th weekends schedule so it works for you.
- It can be comforting to a child who needs consistency.
- It works for parents who live far from each other.
- It works if the parents have different work schedules.
- It works for high-conflict situations because there are only a few exchanges each month.
- The limited exchanges make it easy for the parents to plan and organize.
- It's easy to keep track of when the visits happen.
- The child goes a long time between visits with one parent.
- The weekend parent may feel excluded from school, homework and other activities.
- The weekend parent doesn't have the opportunity to be part of the weekday routine.
- Since one parent has quite a bit more time with the child, the parents may have disagreements over the schedule.
- The weekend visits may interfere with a child's sporting events or other activities.
It’s easy. Follow the steps to make a common custody schedule.
On Step 2, select the “monthly” button.
And on Step 3, use the dropdown boxes as follows:
- Monthly weekend options: Select the third or fourth option to set which parent gets the weekend visits.
- 5th weekend alternating: Decide how to handle fifth weekends in a month, which occur a handful of times a year. If the weekend parent will get them all, select “not alternating.” If parents will trade off, select one of the other options.
- From: Enter the day and time for weekend visits to begin.
- To: Enter the day and time for weekend visits to end.
- Weekends are determined by: Choose how to count weekends. For example, if you select “Thursday,” a month with five Thursdays will count as having five weekends.