70/30 Schedules: Every 3rd Week & Every Weekend

A 70/30 child custody schedule has your child live with one parent for 70 percent of the time and the other parent for 30 percent of the time. Many parents choose this type of schedule, and it might work well for you, depending on your situation.

Circumstances that may make a 70/30 schedule favorable include when:

  • One parent lives closer to the child's school
  • One parent has a busier work schedule
  • You have an older child who needs their school and social life accounted for

Custody X Change is software that creates professional parenting plan documents and parenting schedules.

Make My Schedule and Plan Now

70/30 custody options

There are several 70/30 schedules to choose from. Two of the most common are the every 3rd week and every weekend custody schedules.

Every 3rd week custody schedule

With the every 3rd week custody schedule, your child spends two weeks with one parent and the following week with the other.

This schedule can work well if you have an older child with a busy schedule who can handle the time away from the other parent. The lengthy visits are also good to help the child settle into both households.

To make this schedule work, both parents should live within or near their child's school district. They need to be able to ensure their child gets to school, extracurricular activities and other events. Good communication is crucial to ensure each parent knows what's happening in their child's life.

Every weekend custody schedule

The every weekend custody schedule is simple; one parent has the child five nights during the week, and the other parent has them two nights on the weekend.

Parents who live some distance away from each other may prefer this schedule, since it puts one parent in charge of transporting the child to school and back.

On the downside, one parent gets every weekend, but you can make adjustments. For example, you could give each parent a mini-visit during the other parent's time.

The easiest way to make a 70/30 schedule

Creating a schedule on your own can feel overwhelming. You have to be sure to use airtight legal language and can't omit any required information.

The Custody X Change app takes the guesswork out of the equation by helping you build a schedule piece by piece.

As a result, you get a written schedule and a visual calendar. They meet your family's needs, as well as the court's standards.

For quick, reliable and affordable help making a custody schedule, turn to Custody X Change.

Custody X Change is software that creates professional parenting plan documents and parenting schedules.

Make My Schedule and Plan Now

Custody X Change is software that creates professional parenting plan documents and parenting schedules.

Make My Plan
x

Custody X Change is software that creates professional parenting plan documents and parenting schedules.

Make My Schedule and Plan Now

No thanks, I don't need a parenting plan