70/30 Schedules: Every 3rd Week & Every Weekend

With a 70/30 child custody schedule, one parent is the custodian of your child 70% of the time and the other parent has the child 30% of the time. This is a great custody schedule for many families and it might work well for you. This schedule is usually determined on the unique situation with you, the other parent, and the child.

You may choose to have 70/30 child custody based on the following items:

  • Proximity of parents to each other
  • Child's age, relationship with parents, special needs, school, etc.
  • Parents lifestyle with work, school, hobbies, etc.

Many parents find this schedule to work very well because as much as one parent or the other would love to have their child all the time, it is not practical in their situation. The biggest factor to consider when choosing your child custody schedule is choosing what is best for your child.

Custody X Change is software that creates professional parenting plan documents and parenting schedules.

Make My Schedule and Plan Now

Every 3rd week custody schedule

The every 3rd week custody schedule is one way for you and the other parent to divide parenting time between each other. With this custody schedule, your child will spend two weeks with one parent and the third week with the other.

This schedule is very popular with families who have older children and want as few disruptions in their life as possible. It is also a great way for a child to spend longer time periods with each parent so they feel more a part of the parent's home and not just a visitor.

Both parents need to live close together to make this schedule work. They need to be able to make sure their child can get to school, extracurricular activities, and other events. They also need to be able to communicate with each other what is happening in the child's life and any other concerns that may arise.

Every weekend custody schedule

The 70/30 every weekend custody schedule is another option to divide time between parents. This schedule is very simple because one parent has your child for five days of the week and the other parent has two weekend days.

This schedule is great for parents who are struggling to get along with each other. You don't have to worry about discussing school and other weekly activities together. It also is great for parents who live within a few hours of each other because one parent may have the child on the weekends and not have to worry about transporting the child back and forth to school.

The biggest issue with this schedule is one parent has every weekend. Some parents say they feel like they are the one who deals with all the hard work through the week and the other parent gets to have fun on the weekends.

Conclusion

Having 70/30 child custody works very well for many families. The every three weeks and every weekend schedules are two options for you to divide your child's time between each parent. You can also create your own unique schedule. You need to consider if these schedules will work for you, the other parent and your child.

Creating these schedules on your own is very easy and simple with the Custody X Change software.

Custody X Change is software that creates professional parenting plan documents and parenting schedules.

Make My Schedule and Plan Now

Custody X Change is software that creates professional parenting plan documents and parenting schedules.

Make My Plan
x

Custody X Change is software that creates professional parenting plan documents and parenting schedules.

Make My Schedule and Plan Now

No thanks, I don't need a parenting plan