Track Your Parenting Expenses Precisely
Custody X Change lets you track how much you spend on your children and get reimbursed for costs shared with the other parent.
Custody X Change is software that allows parents to track expenses and print invoices for reimbursement.
You decide: track all expenses related to your children, just the ones connected to your custody case, or just the ones to be reimbursed.
Having a system to track spending helps you:
- Get reimbursed quickly: Generate an invoice to inform the other parent how much they owe you. Presenting a formal document often results in prompt repayment.
- Reach an agreement: Unbiased data can help parents reach a consensus on how to share or divide expenses, making a trial unnecessary.
- Submit evidence: If your case does head to court, present your expenses in a professional, structured format.
- Reduce conflict: Accurate expense reports eliminate debates about finances. Just hand or send the document to the other parent, and it speaks for itself.
- Budget: Understand how much you've spent in the past to determine how much you should spend in the future.
- Rest easy: Having your expenses in the same place as other custody information — your parenting plan, calendar, journal, etc. — keeps you organized and in control.
The Custody X Change expense tracker is custody's most thorough finance tool, thanks to the following capabilities.
Never forget who repaid whom, how much and when. Track payments in any amount, via any method (cash, check, PayPal, Venmo, etc.). Your total balance updates immediately.
Collaborate instantly and remotely with the other parent or your attorney by linking their Custody X Change account. If they input an expense you don't agree with, mark it as rejected and enter an explanation.
Upload files like receipts, photos or bank statements to support your entries, then print them with your expense report. Now no one can question the accuracy of your report.
You only have to enter repeating expenses, like monthly memberships, once. Just tell the app how often they repeat and for how long, then watch them appear automatically on the assigned days.
Some parents split costs evenly, while others do a 60/40 or 70/30 split. Your share might even change by expense or category. That's why the app lets you specify the reimbursement amount for each item.
Custody X Change gives you space to enter all the information relevant to an expense. Note what the money went toward, why it was necessary, questions you have for the other parent and more.
Here's what some of our customers have said:
I'm ... representing myself while my husband has hired a lawyer, and I have been stressing over him trying to pay as little as possible for child support. Your software has been more helpful than you will ever know.
Gena McLellan – Rio Rancho, NM
The program has the ability to generate reports. … Whether it's communications with the X, the courts, or legal counsel, these reports will come in handy. Custody X Change exceeded my expectations.
Steven Nelson – Sacramento, CA
We lost on everything until we brought this in. With the software, we got everything we wanted in court. They were just completely shell-shocked because it was presented so well visually. I am completely and totally sold.