Timeshare Percentage Calculations
The majority of states use some form of the parenting timeshare percentage (also called the visitation timeshare) or overnight timeshare percentage to calculate child support.
If you want to pay or receive the correct amount of child support, you need to know the timeshare percentage calculation.
Here are several reasons why you need a timeshare percentage calculator:
- The timeshare percentage is very difficult to figure out, and most attorneys and courts simply guess at the timeshare
- If your child support is calculated from a guess or an estimate, you will pay or receive the wrong amount of support
- With Custody X Change, you can easily calculate the right timeshare percentage and use this number in the child support
- Along with knowing the timeshare percentage and overnight percentage, you can also print a detailed timeshare report that shows exactly how much time each parent has.
Having an accurate timeshare percentage calculation also gives you the advantage of knowing how to change your schedule in order to raise or lower child support payments, whether you pay or recieve.
For example, if you figure out that increasing your time with the children by 2 percent will lower your child support, you can easily make some changes in Custody X Change so you have the new timeshare percentage. More parenting time can lower child support payments in many states.
Custody X Change has a timeshare percentage calculator that shows how much time each parent has with the children. This feature is useful because it helps you create a balanced schedule that benefits everyone.
As you create your schedule, the software calculates these figures:
- Percentage of time the mother and father have with the child
- Percentage of overnights the mother and father have with the child
- Number of hours the mother and father have with the child
Knowing the parenting timeshare percentage is useful because the timeshare percentage is a often crucial number in determining child support. You can make a schedule that gives you fair time with your child when you know exactly how much time each parent has the child.
Knowing the exact amount of time each parent has with the children as you create a parenting time schedule will help you make a fair schedule. Since Custody X Change continually shows you the timeshare percentage, it allows you to make a schedule that really gives both parents the right amount of time.
Once you have a schedule in place, you can track your schedule and use the software to calculate the actual parenting timeshare percentage compared to the scheduled timeshare percentage.
Knowing what is actually going on with visitation and parenting time helps you know if the schedule is being followed. If you host the children more than the schedule says, you can use the reports to change your child support order or modify your custody schedule.