Child Visitation Schedule Template
Are you looking for a child visitation schedule template? Here is a basic one to get you started.
The Repeating Cycle of Custody and Visitation
- Get a blank calendar that has 2-4 weeks.
- Fill out the basic cycle of custody and visitation.
- When you have the basic cycle, count the number of weeks.
- Repeat the weeks of the cycle throughout the calendar year.
A Holiday Schedule
- Make a list of the holidays you want to include.
- Decide how you will share the holidays–by splitting the time or alternating the holidays.
- Assign the holiday time to each parent.
- Pick a method for how you will figure out holidays each year (alternating the schedule every year, making a new one, etc)
- Decide if you want a different schedule of custody and visitation during the child’s vacations and breaks from school.
- Make a different schedule for vacation time if you want.
- Decide how many days each parent has to take the children on vacation each year.
- Assign the dates of the vacation, or allow parents to have unspecified vacations (this means that parents can have so many days with the children for vacation and they can pick the dates later).
- Look at the calendar to see if your child has any special events that will change the custody schedule (like sporting events, concerts, etc.)
- Reassign the custody as necessary.
Custody X Change is custody software that provides the best visitation schedule template available. With the software, parents can make all of these parts of the visitation schedule, see the exact timeshare percentage that each parent has with the children while setting up the schedule, and explore many different options for the schedule. You can download the free edition of the software and make your visitation schedule today.