Parents Without an Attorney
For some types of divorce, you don't need to hire an attorney. You can represent yourself, known as pro se. Many parents find that they can use Custody X Change to create documents for court rather than hiring an attorney to do so.
Using the software could help you save a lot of money in legal fees, and would likely allow you to resolve your custody situation much more quickly and easily. As long as you and the other parent are willing to work together to find the best solutions for custody and parenting plans, you can use Custody X Change to create the necessary documents.
You can use the software to:
- Negotiate a parenting plan. The software is a neutral tool that can help two parents figure out the best parenting plan.
- Maximize parenting time. Look at many options for your parenting time schedule so that you have fair time with your child.
- Prepare for mediation. Use the software to prepare example parenting plans and organize your information when attending mediation.
- Prepare for court. Represent yourself in court by making a plan in Custody X Change and using the documents from the software to present your plan.
- Track your plan. Track any differences between the actual parenting time and the scheduled parenting time. Keep notes about what is going on with the custody situation.
- Calculate timeshare percentages. Software shows you the exact amount of time each parent has with the child so that you can set up a fair schedule. Accurate timeshare percentages also ensure you pay or receive the right amount of child support.
Custody X Change can help you and the other parent save on legal fees by creating your own documents. Rather than hiring an attorney to do so, the software provides professional-looking, accurate documents that outline what your child needs.
Custody X Change is not a replacement for legal counsel. Seek the advice of a qualified professional whenever necessary.