Use Custody X Change to Prepare Plans for Court
If you and the other parent are not able to work out a parenting plan together, you will need to go to court and present your plan to a judge. Custody X Change software can help you prepare for that hearing.
In court, you or your attorney and the other parent will both show your proposed custody agreement and explain why it is in the best interest of the child. The judge will then decide which plan to accept.
Custody X Change can help you prepare and present a plan in court so that the judge understands how your plan benefits your child. You can use Custody X Change when representing yourself and when working with an attorney to make sure your plan is the one the court chooses.
Custody X Change helps you prepare, organize, and present your custody information to the judge. As you use the professional reports and documents from the software, you'll be able to help the judge see why your plan is the best one for your child.
Prepare your agreement. The software guides you through the process of making a thorough parenting plan. Begin by making a parenting time schedule that has a residential schedule, holiday schedule, school breaks, vacation schedules, and special events. Then you can add important custody stipulations and provisions to your agreement.
Organize your information. In court, you must explain your custody agreement clearly and succinctly. Simply follow the format of the printed agreement as you present your plan. Your ideas on this important matter will be contained and organized so your presentation will be easy to follow.
Explain your plan using professional documents. Using the professional documents from the software will help the judge see and understand your parenting plan.
With the documents from the software you can:
- Show the court a visual calendar with each parent's time clearly marked
- Explain your parenting time schedule using a report that shows the breakdown of the timeshare percentage of each parent
- Use the report of your entire plan to help the judge see how it benefits your child
- Give copies of your plan to the other parent and the judge while you present
If you are working with an attorney, you can still use Custody X Change to help with court. Even though you won't be the one who shows your plan to the judge, you'll be working with your attorney to present the plan you want.
It's an advantage to be proactive when working with your lawyer so that he or she understands what kind of custody agreement you want. Custody X Change is a great tool for communicating your ideas to your attorney, which allows your attorney to present a precise agreement to the court.
With the software, you can:
- Show your attorney your ideas for parenting time schedules so that you get the schedule you want
- Think through the terms and conditions of your agreement so that you don't leave any important information out
- Explain to your attorney the type of plan that you want so that your attorney can explain it to the court
- Save money in legal fees by doing some of the work on your agreement and giving it to your lawyer, instead of having your lawyer draft the agreement
- Track a plan that is already in place so you can see how well it is being followed
- Document how a plan isn't being followed and give the reports to your attorney so you can get an agreement modified or changed.
You are the one who understands your custody situation the best. This means that you need to stay actively involved in the process of creating a parenting plan, even if you have an attorney working for you.
Many parents find that using Custody X Change during their custody hearing makes the process go more smoothly.
Whether you are representing yourself in custody court or working with your family law attorney, Custody X Change software can give you more confidence that your plan receives fair consideration.
Judges will be impressed with the parenting plans that you create with the software, and the documents make it easy to outline and explain your agreement.
Custody X Change is a valuable tool that allows you to be in control of your custody situation. Once your parenting plan has been accepted and is put into place, the software lets you keep track of how well it is being followed.