Courts: Judges and Facilitators
Judges use the Custody X Change software to quickly create the ordered schedule. Court facilitators use the Custody X Change software to help parents needing legal assistance.
Court officials use Custody X Change to create court ordered parenting plans and when offering assistance to parents. Many courts install Custody X Change on multiple computers so officials can take advantage of all the features the software has to offer.
Court officials, such as judges, mediators and facilitators, use the program to:
- Make a parenting plan that follows the custody order
- Show parents a calendar of the court ordered parenting schedule
- Provide printouts to parents and lawyers
- Combine elements of both parents' plans into one plan from the court
- See how a proposed change in the plan or schedule will look
- Create visual documents to quickly understand and explain a plan or schedule
- Use the timeshare and overnight percentages to calculate child support
- Save time by having basic plans already saved in the software
- Help parents view some options for plans so they can avoid court
Custody X Change isn't just for parents and attorneys. The software can also benefit court officials, judges and court facilitators.
Court workers can save basic plans in the software that follow the guidelines of what each state's laws define as a standard parenting plan. This allows a facilitator or judge to quickly open a plan and make a few changes to fit the situation instead of creating a plan from scratch for every case.
Using the software also allows the court to keep an electronic record of schedules, which can help settle arguments between parents.
Judges can use Custody X Change whenever they meet with the parents to come up with the right parenting plan. The program gives the judge a clear picture of how a plan or schedule will work, and it allows him or her to easily explain the plan to the parents.
Court facilitators use Custody X Change as a resource when they offer assistance to parents. The facilitators can look at plan options for the parents and help them come up with a solution for their custody needs.